How It Works
The performances will be delivered via a safe, secure, and private YouTube stream. Simply purchase a streaming pass (click here) and you will receive an e-mail to a locked and secure pre-event screen. A countdown clock will show when your event codes will be revealed. After the code is revealed, another clock will show the live stream start time.
- If you are having trouble locating and using your link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call Smoke for technical support-InstantSeats issues the streaming passes.
- We highly recommend that you listen on speakers or wired headphones as wireless headphones or Bluetooth devices could cause a delay between audio and video.
- For best streaming quality we recommend Safari, Chrome or Firefox browsers, not Internet Explorer.
- Internet speed can also effect the quality of the stream. Avoid having multiple windows open during the live stream. Sometimes clearing your cache and restarting your device can help.
- If you didn’t receive your purchased streaming pass, please check your spam folder.
- If you can't locate your streaming pass, please contact email@example.com
- Note that each stream (Friday & Saturday) will be available for 48 hours in all time zones.
All bands and personnel are subject to change without notice.
Smoke Jazz on Facebook
SMOKE SESSIONS RECORDS CD RELEASE
Vincent Herring - "Preaching to the Choir"
“...a session of smile-inducing swing.” — The Times (UK)
“...bright, lively hard bop and post-bop, and touching renditions of some well-known standards.” — Glide Magazine
"...an old-school, bluesy hard bop player...he surrounds himself with like-minded musicians in order to dig deep into the groove." — Stereogum
Renowned jazz saxophonist Vincent Herring battles back from a bout with Covid-19 and career-threatening side effects with a defiant and joyful new album, Preaching to the Choir, with swinging help from Cyrus Chestnut, Yasushi Nakamura and Johnathan Blake.
Preaching to the Choir, a paean to Herring’s fans and supporters, celebrates real triumph over hardship and challenge with soulful jazz. Herring is speaking for nearly all of us when says, “2020 into 2021 was a morbid nightmare.” But, he also experienced the pandemic firsthand, contracting Covid-19 while suffering the same loss of performance opportunities befalling every musician during the past year. That’s only meant more time spent at home, watching the turbulent presidential election and its violent aftermath.
Despite the prevailing darkness, Preaching to the Choir delivers a sermon of optimism and hope to the jazz faithful, aided by as fervent a congregation as a swing disciple could pray for: pianist Cyrus Chestnut, bassist Yasushi Nakamura, and drummer Johnathan Blake.
“We have to have hope for the future,” Herring insists. “I’ve been in a constant state of disbelief with so much going on that is negative in the world, but I try to look at the positive side of everything. Fate is written with all kinds of twists and turns, and in the end the only thing you can do is realize that as bad as things are – and they are bad –the promise of tomorrow is going to be special.”
Get Your Copy Today!